8 април 2020
Единицата за спроведување на проектот “Локална и регионална конкурентност” објавува покана за изразување на интерес за извршување на консултантски услуги – индивидуален консултант за правна експертиза. Заинтересираните консултанти треба да достават биографија на англиски јазик и придружни документи најдоцна до 15 aприл 2020 (среда), пред 15:00 часот по локално време, на подолу наведената адреса.
Линк до објавата на веб страницата на Проектот за локална и регионална конкурентност: https://lrcp.mk/request-for-expression-of-interest-individual-consultant-for-providing-legal-expertise/
REPUBLIC OF NORTH MACEDONIA
LOCAL AND REGIONAL COMPETITIVENESS PROJECT (2016-2020)
Grant No.: IPA 2 – 2014
Assignment Title: CONSULTANT FOR PROVIDING LEGAL EXPERTISE
Reference No. MK-LRCP-P154263-IC-C2-8/1
The Government of the Republic of North Macedonia received a Grant from European Union Instrument for Pre-Accession (IPA) 2, administered by the World Bank (WB) towards the cost of the Local and Regional Competitiveness Project, and intends to apply part of the proceeds for individual consultancy services under this Project.
The consulting services (“the Services”) include, but are not limited to:
– Assess, review and provide recommendations for development and improvement of the national legislative and regulatory framework in the Republic of North Macedonia relevant to the tourism industry in country and to develop the chosen alternative (solution) on DMOs into actual provisions of the respective legislative acts (laws and by-laws) on Destination Management Organizations, tourism tax collection and data collection in tourism.
The detailed Terms of Reference (ToR) for the above referenced consulting services shall serve as guidance to advertise the position publicly and/or invite qualified potential consultants to join PIU in accordance with applicable World Bank procurement guidelines. The ToR can be found on the website of the Local and Regional Competitiveness Project web site (www.lrcp.mk), the Cabinet of the Deputy Prime Minister in charge of Economic Affairs and Coordination of Economic Departments web site (http://www.vicepremier-ekonomija.gov.mk), Agency for Promotion and Support of Tourism web site (www.tourismmacedonia.gov.mk), and on the Ministry of Economy of the Republic of North Macedonia web site (www.economy.gov.mk).
The Local and Regional Competitiveness Project now invites eligible individuals (‘Consultants’) to indicate their interest in providing the Services. Interested Consultants should provide information (curriculum vitae in English language and supporting documents) demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services.
The shortlisting criteria are:
- University Degree in Law, Finance or Tourism. Master’s degree in the field of Law, Finance or Tourism will be considered as an advantage;
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in the following areas:
- Expertise in implementation or drafting legal framework related to the tourism industry and/or
- Working with government regulatory agencies and/or
- Advising government officials and legislatures on legal related issues;
- Proven experience in drafting legislation and documents of similar complexity;
- Experience working with Government Working Groups and multi-disciplinary Working Groups will be considered an asset;
- Expertise in researching and analyzing local and regional legislation, and their impact on similar issues;
- Experience in carrying out needs assessments and developing of legislative and regulatory frameworks at least 1 similar assignment in the past 5 years;
- Strong writing and speaking skills. Must be able to prepare well-written reports that clearly communicate findings in a way that government officials and clients can understand
- Knowledge of EU Directives in the area of tourism will be considered as an advantage;
- Fluency in written and spoken English, including proven excellent drafting skills.
The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to paragraph 1.9 of the World Bank’s Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits & Grants by World Bank Borrowers dated January 2011, Revised July 2014 (“Consultant Guidelines”), setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest. In addition, please refer to the following specific information on conflict of interest related to this assignment as per paragraph 1.9 of Consultant Guidelines:
World Bank policy requires that consultants provide professional, objective, and impartial advice and at all times hold the client’s interest paramount, without any consideration for future work, and strictly avoid conflicts with other assignments or their own corporate interests. Consultants shall not be hired for any assignment that would be in conflict with their prior or current obligations to other clients, or that may place them in a position of not being able to carry out the assignment in the best interest of the Recipient.
A consultant will be selected in accordance with Section V. Selection of Individual consultants set out in the Consultant Guidelines.
Further information can be obtained at the address below during office hours from 09:00 – 16:00h local time.
Expressions of interest must be delivered in a written form to the address below (in person, or by mail, or by e-mail) by Wednesday, March 26th, 2020 before 16:00 hrs local time.
Local and Regional Competitiveness Project
Attn: Ms Ivana Naumovska, Contact point
Miroslav Krleza 60/1, 1000 Skopje, R. North Macedonia
Tel: +389 (0)2 3280 457;